Thursday, October 3, 2013

October 1-3, 2013

October 1-3, 2013
Zero days in Grants, NM

On Monday the Mumms took me over to the clinic where I was able to be seen by a doctor. He basically concluded that I have a case of gastroenteritis, which could be due to any number of viruses or bacteria and due to the mild nature of my symptoms the best course of action is just to let it run its course, taking pepto bismol as needed. He also said that if I am still having issues in another week then I should return to a doctor for further tests.

So, the past few days I haven't been doing much of anything other than eating more yogurt/probiotics to try to get the good bacteria to take over my gut once again and knock out the bad guys.

My stomach still isn't feeling any different really so I don't really know what I'm going to do. I feel ridiculous just staying in a motel waiting for this thing to pass, but I don't feel like I really have any other options at this point. Ugh. I'm even considering ending my hike because I really can't see hiking another 400+ miles with this stupid stomach thing.



  1. So about those ribs at Ghost Ranch...were they pork? Sorry it's been rough going.


  2. Alex, are you still on the trail? We are pulling for you and hope the stomach issue is behind you. Hang in bro and keep up the good work.