Thursday, October 3, 2013

September 30, 2013

September 30, 2013
Grants, NM to Zuni Canyon Road
4 miles

After breakfast and taking care of some town errands, Huck and I made it to the McDonalds on the edge of town to have a final snack before leaving Grants. I definitely should not have eaten there given my recent stomach issues but my hiker sensibilities led me to order food regardless. No bueno. My stomach felt terrible immediately afterward and we ended up sitting there for at least two hours while I hoped my stomach would return to normal or at least feel a bit better.

Around 2pm, my stomach still feeling bloated, I decided to at least give hiking a try for a few miles. We headed out and made it down the road to wheeler the trail headed away from the road and I decided that it wasn't a good idea to hike out still feeling off so I headed back to toward town while Huck continued up the trail. It was a tough decision to make but hiking has just been unpleasant and I can't enjoy the experience when I am constantly focused on the current state of my stomach.

I ended up calling the Mumms who came and picked me up and took me back to the motel. They are also going to take me to the medical clinic tomorrow to get checked out to see what's going on with my GI tract. Thank goodness for the Mumms.


Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment