Thursday, October 3, 2013

September 28, 2013

September 28, 2013
30 miles

Oh man, last night was a bit rough. My stomach was rumbling all night and I had to get up in the middle of the night to poo. From then on I couldn't even fart for fear of sharting. I took an anti-diarrheal med in the morning and that seemed to kick in after a few hours and I started to feel better. Unfortunately I still had very little appetite all day and I'm sure I've been at a calorie deficit since leaving Ghost Ranch.

The hiking today included an 18 mile road walk followed by a climb up the shoulder of Mt Taylor where I'm camped tonight. Nothing too spectacular in the way of views, but pretty easy walking overall.

I'm really looking forward to getting to Grants tomorrow and hope this stomach thing finally goes away. It would be great to get to enjoy the last few hundred miles of the trail!


Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment