Saturday, September 21, 2013

September 13, 2013

September 13, 2013
Zero day in Pagosa Springs, CO

After sleeping in I again went to the Colorado Cafe for breakfast, then to a bakery for dessert, and back to the motel to pack up my things. I moved out of my room and up the road to a less expensive place, the Pinewood Inn. The owners are very friendly and it looks to be a fine place to take a zero. 

After checking in I headed a little further up the road to do laundry and pick up a few miscellaneous items. I also stopped into an outdoor store and purchased some real rain pants. I have been using a combination of Montbell wind pants and a rain kilt/skirt for my lower half, but I was really wishing I had proper rain pants during the cold, wet weather so I should be set. Of course now that I've bought them I probably won't need them. I'm perfectly OK if that is the case. 

By the time I made it back to the inn it was mid-afternoon and I was getting hungry so I got a large pizza and some beer and settled in for the evening, feeling good about having my chores completed. Nothing quite like eating a whole pizza in one sitting and feeling perfectly good about it. Just one of the many joys of being a thru hiker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment