Saturday, September 7, 2013

September 3, 2013

September 3, 2013
Cow Creek to just above Hunt Lake
34 miles

After yesterday's big ups and downs, today seemed easy by comparison. There were a few ups and downs but it seemed to mostly fluctuate between 11,000' and 12,000', or thereabouts.

Not much eventful happened today. I was planning on doing about 40 miles today to make it a little easier to get to Monarch Pass store to pick up my resupply box when they open at 8am, but per usual a thunder shower passed through at just the wrong time. The last 7.4 miles before the pass are on the divide and I made it to 9 miles out by 6pm when the clouds decided to start rumbling with an accompanying shower of rain and hail as well. So I'm 8 miles short of the pass and will try to get going by 5:30am in an attempt to get to the store around the time they open.

I'm getting to a point (almost 2,000 miles in) where I am getting kind of antsy to get done. It might have something to do with the fact that the NOBOs are all finishing around this time, or the fact that I have spent so much time solo, or maybe just the shortening daylight hours. Whatever it is I'm feeling some sort of urgency.


Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment