Wednesday, August 14, 2013

August 10, 2013

August 10, 2013
Corral Creek to 9 miles outside South Pass City
~29 miles

Today I hiked. That's about how I feel about it. Nothing particularly interesting about the day. The only real thing of note that I can think of is that the views I've had to the south today look FLAT. That shouldn't really be a surprise based on everything I've heard about the upcoming great divide basin, but it is in stark contrast o the jagged peaks of the previous few days.

Also, I saw four people and two dogs today. One of the dogs was freaking out when it saw me and ran back down the trail the other way. It took a good five minutes for the owner to wrangle the beast so I could get by without the dog running around and getting in my way again. Weird.

Tomorrow it's on to South pass City to pick up my resupply and then it's back out on the trail. No motel, no restaurant, no nothin'. I'm debating whether or not I want to try to do big miles through the basin or just take it easy. Based on how flat it sounds like it will be and the monotony of the scenery I may just go for it and try to push through it and take a zero day in Rawlins.


Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment