Wednesday, August 21, 2013

August 17, 2013

August 17, 2013
4 miles north of Muddy Creek to small creeklet
34 miles
 
I had a hard time getting to sleep last night, I think as a result of staying up late and sleeping in while in Rawlins. Either way, my alarm went off at 5:30am and I started getting ready for the day. A bit of a slow start as I got on trail at 6:30 and made my way to the most important thing on my mind: water. I was able to stretch the 4.5 liters I carried from Rawlins to last me through breakfast this morning, but it was nice to make it to a proper water source to drink as much as I wanted. 
 
After taking care of my hydration needs it was back to the business of hiking. The terrain was again flat, open, and treeless so the hiking was easy, but the temperatures quickly rose as the sun made its way out from behind the clouds at 9am until clouds once again moved in around 4pm. The last mile or so I also made my way back into some trees! It looks like there is some forested hiking in the near future which I will greatly enjoy for the brief period it will likely last. 
 
There are about 40 miles until I hit the Colorado border so I'll probably make it there in a couple days. Hard to believe I'm almost through another state! Wyoming has seemingly flown by in comparison to Montana/Idaho. Can't wait to see all that Colorado has in store! I'm looking forward to getting back into the mountains and out of the desert. 

 
Moonrise ere sunset
Waxing gibbous in blue sky
Stars will join it soon

No comments:

Post a Comment