Wednesday, August 14, 2013

August 5, 2013

August 5, 2013
Togwotee Pass to somewhere along Leaks Creek
25 miles

It took a while to get a hitch back to the trail this morning but I eventually got a ride with a Ukraninan guy and his son who were driving back to Chicago after some mountain climbing and hiking they were doing in Colorado and Wyoming. It turned out it was also his birthday, so I wished him a happy birthday and safe drive as he dropped me off.

The hiking today was unspectacular today for the most part. Not much for views, but it was relatively easy terrain. That is except for some navigational challenges. The CDT was a bit elusive through a few sections today which definitely added some difficulty and time to the miles I covered.

I think it's still a little over a day if hiking before I get into the Wind River Range. The anticipation is killing me! As much as I am looking forward to the lakes and peaks of the Winds I'm also looking forward to getting through the Winds because I heard that is the end of grizzly country!


Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment