Monday, July 22, 2013

July 17, 2013
Zero day in Missoula, MT

It was a hot night last night that didn't cool off enough for me to get to sleep until after midnight. Regardless, the day ahead was spectacular. 

Colin had class in the morning, so Sparrow and I borrowed bikes and rode downtown. Breakfast was had at Hob Nob and it was incredible! I had the breakfast special scramble and split sourdough blueberry pancakes with Sparrow. Delish. After breakfast was demolished it was  off to the library to upload pics and blog posts. 

In the afternoon Colin, Evan, Evan's sister Molly, Sparrow, and I floated the Clark Fork River from white trash beach to just past Brennan's Wave. It was a relaxing way to spend a couple hours during the heat of the day, and was so nice in fact that I almost forgot I was in the midst of a thru-hike. 

After floating we headed back to Colin's place and had a little backyard BBQ complete with some venison Colin had shot this past year. An amazing day for sure.

Tomorrow it's back to the trail for some more amazing hiking. 


No comments:

Post a Comment