Friday, July 5, 2013

July 4, 2013

Day 17 - Zero Day in Helena, MT
0 miles

Ahh, what a joy in was to sleep in a bed and be able to sleep in a little bit this morning.  I was up in time to see John and Luanne before they took off for the day, and then went about the business of getting my town chores taken care of.

I planned to find a little local breakfast place to eat in the morning, but believe it or not, the majority of places were closed!  I was able to track down a bagel place and eat a couple of bagel breakfast sandwiches and coffee to fuel me for the upcoming day.  I tried updating my blog on their wifi, but it just wasn't going smoothly.  Next, I went and bought a ton of food at the grocery store, then came back to the house and repackaged everything, while also eating copious amounts of food.  I may have gone a bit overboard on the resupply food, but I have no doubts that I will find a way to eat it before I get to Butte, MT.  I was feeling a bit lazy after that, so I sat on the couch for a while and channel surfed through all the glorious cable channels that were available.  It was a luxury for me because even while in Portland I don't have cable television. 

During that time I also got a call from Sparrow who was almost to the pass so I ended up driving up there to get him, brought him back to the house so he could do his laundry and take a shower.  We then headed out to get some pizza and beer at MacKenzie River Pizza Co., followed by some firework viewing, and then going to the theater to see World War Z... Wow was that intense.  Very cool. 

All in all not a bad 4th of July.  I think with the food, TV, internet, fireworks, and movie it was about as American as you could get.

No comments:

Post a Comment