Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July 29, 2013

July 29, 2013
Anthill Spring to 2 miles South of Targhee Pass
32 miles

Today most definitely started better than yesterday. After saying goodbyes and good lucks to Optimist and Stopwatch I set out South and it didn't even take 5 miles before I ran into five more NOBOs. The group consisted of Wired, Bloodbath, Rampage, Sweet As, and Dane. I hiked the PCT the same year as Wired, Bloodbath, and Dane, so it was a bit of a reunion. We chatted it up for a bit about what was coming up for each of us and parted ways. Now I'm looking forward to seeing more of the NOBOs, especially the others that hiked the PCT in '11.

I also had quite a climb to tackle today, and reached the highest point on trail thus far. It was a 6.5 mile climb from 7,000' to 10,000' and it was awesome. I loaded up on some calories and water at the bottom and then went for it! It took just over 3 hours an the views from the top were super cool.

Later on in the day there was a new section of trail that followed the divide and also had some spectacular views. Definitely an improvement over the road walk that it took the place of.

Now it's just one and a half days to Old Faithful Village as well as leaving Montana and Idaho behind! Wyoming here I come!


Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment